Saturday, November 16, 2013

Finally - an update


I know, I'm really boring and never post anything.  Well, there really hasn't been any news to post.  We were in waiting mode for what seemed like an endless time.  I am a little behind now though.   We had court on November 5th and he became an official member of our family.   Ilian Jacob is a Harris!!

On Wednesday this week, I woke up to find an e-mail titled "Travel Dates".  Wow, that was a surprise.  I could hardly believe it.  I really didn't think we'd see that for another week or two.  I actually had to try not to get too excited before I confirmed it wasn't really meant for another family.  My husband and 13 year old daughter will head out on November 29th (one day after Ilian's b-day) and be in country for only a week.  That could have ended up being 2 weeks.  What a blessing.  I can't wait to post pictures from the trip and of course the home coming.  My husband thinks it will be best for us to meet them at the house instead of the airport.   I can't wait.

I had been buying his clothes, new bedding, etc.  Now, we are in a little bit of a time crunch to make sure we have everything and get packed.

Praying for a smooth transition for Ilian.

No comments:

Post a Comment