Saturday, June 22, 2013

The visits are finished.  Jerry is currently on the middle leg of the trip home on a flight from Munich to Chicago.   As it turns out, he is on that same flight with a couple of other families who just finished up their first visits as well.  It is bitter sweet.  It will be nice to have Jerry home, but I will sure miss hearing the news from each visit and of course the pictures.  Everything went very well.  I don't have a lot of pictures to share because I had a lot of problems getting them copied out of the emails and onto our computer.  So, now we start our 2nd stage paperwork and more waiting.  It should be about 4-6 months until the pick up trip.

"Troy" (I still can't use his real name) was a little timid at first and then warmed up.  I actually think that is a good sign for his ability to bond.  He doesn't speak at this point, but seems to understand everything that is said to him.  I just can't wait to meet him and have him home.

Here are a few pictures from the week.  I may have more to share once they are downloaded from the camera.  Jerry took a most of the pictures himself, so we have several with Yavor, the guide and translator.  Jerry taught him thumb's up, so there are a number of those.

 Fun with Yavor

 Two thumbs up


 Thumbs up on the first day


He likes to be held.  He is waving for the camera


 He loves to eat these things, they are similar to Cheetos.


My favorite, what a cutie.  This is from the last visit. 


 Seeing his new car, it was a big hit


Preparing for the visa picture

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I went over a couple weeks ago with a friend who is adopting and we had Yavor too! I was looking at your blog from RR and I was like, "yup, I think I recognize him..." anyways, hope you had a great time there. My name is Abbie btw.

    ReplyDelete